HybridZ

CV shaft conversion R200 who makes adapters now?

should have put in driveline section  but i cant delete this now--

i havent been around for a while-- my user ID was revived but i lost all my posts.. oh well ..

need to finally change out the half shafts for CV.. i briefly searched and didnt find much except for some 39 spline thread that i have no idea what that is LOL..

280 diff - already have 280zx turbo flanges and 2 pairs of the shafts here i could use if i buy adapters.. i know someone i dont approve of used to make them so i never bought them from him years ago because of the lack of business ethics he has..

v8z -- whats the easiest way to get CV's into this car now?

Edited by scca

I pulled out my 27-spline 280z stub axles and 27-spline Z31 adapted companion flanges today.  I bought them a year or two ago from JMortensen when his company, M2, was still active developing and manufacturing parts.  I drag raced them with my LS2 last summer and have probably 60 passes on them and I haven't had a single issue.  I haven't listed them in the parts for sale area yet because I need to figure out what I want for them.  PM me if interested in all or part of this.  I'll probably list them in the next couple of days, so watch parts for sale forum.  The 39-spline conversion is $1200-I just did it, so I'm just selling my old stubs and companion flanges (expect 1/3-1/2 of that price for everything).  Prices will be appropriate for used parts.  If you use my stub axles, you will still need to source some stub axle nuts, new bearings (you could chance it and use your old ones) and some new inner seals.  Rock Auto on line has the best prices for these parts.  I can talk you thru the whole thing.

Hey there Mr. Gibson.  I haven't heard from you in quite a while.  Are you still doing the brake conversions?  I am still running the Stage II brake set-up that I bought from you 10+ years ago.

And in response to your post, the Modern Motorsports adapters work great (even better if you have adjustable length rear control arms).

Hey Dan-- long time-- Good to see your cars still going.. I am about to do another 5.0 conversion for someone else who actually bought Alsils old car.  your car was the first EFI ford motor and i remember all your help for wiring schematic to get mine going..   Im going to put the MSD atomic into this one and see how that compares to the stock ford efi setup..

Still doing brakes - suspension etc.