HybridZ

Getting LS2 240z ready to go to track

That's awesome.  Videos like these are one of the main reasons I even looked into building this car a couple years ago.  I can't wait to try it out!  I will be a novice and take some cones out but way to go RebekahsZ!  Looks like fun!

What size tire were you running? 225's?

Edited by EastTnZ

It is SOOOOO much fun!  I really like the perspective that the camera mounted behind the rear wheel gives-way better than watching me flail around on the steering wheel.  I rode-along with a really good Porsche driver and I spent one run only watching his feet-very informative.  225/50/16 on a 16X8 RBR.  I "think" I can fit 17X9s inside the fenders thanks to the coilovers and camber plates, but I'm not sure, but that is likely the maximum-may check with johnc, but I don't want to start a "will this wheel fit" thread.  I definitely need more traction (and lots more practice).  Looking for money (gonna sell some parts) for some Hoosier A6s to fit on the existing 16X8s, then upgrade from there.  It can be pretty difficult (a project) trying to fit max wheel and tire on a z-car without a lot of buying, crying and return postage.  Flares open things up a lot, and we can go that way someday, but I'd like to keep it in stock fenders for now.  If ZG flares had been in fashion when I had the bodywork done 20 years ago, I likely would have gone that way.  I DO wish I had at least trimmed the lip off (and had the gap welded) before I had the car painted, but the factory flare is only about an inch tall, so with lowering, I would still have trouble clearing the actual inner fender.  The car has the power-to-weight ratio to be competitive with cars that are running 315s or larger.  Perhaps if I start autocrossing more (that would have to be after a divorce) I would have more justification to create more tire clearance.  For now it is just fun and I should avoid getting too neurotic.