HybridZ

No ground to injector, ECU ok!

So I've got an electrical issue that I can't seem to figure out.

Backstory: my car is a 77 280z that has 55k original miles. The wiring harness was shot so I replaced it with a '76 wiring harness with all new connectors, etc and now I'm not getting a grounding pulse to the injectors (everything worked fine before the '77 harness was taken out, it just needed to be refreshed).

I've got 12v at both injector connectors, I did a continuity test at pin 5, 16, 17, and 35 but still don't have an injector pulse. I've checked the chassis ground and everything looks good.

What next?

There is a connector difference between the two harnesses. I did the exact opposite. I have a '76 in which I installed a '77 harness on to. The difference is  a connector right under the passenger side of the dash which sends the pulse to the ECU for the injectors. In your case you will have a stray wire which will needed to be adapted into a plug that has 5 pins. I am positive that is your issue, you might want to compare differences in the harnesses.