HybridZ

My Fidle output not working

softopz

My car is officially on the road and its running very decent at 5 psi I am trying to iron out the little things. I got my old issues sorted out but things that I had "sorted" are now not working. In my previous ms2 box (replaced) It use to control fan through the fidle out. I assembled a new ms2 and its not controlling the fan. I followed the megamanual for assembly. On another note my external wiring hasn't changed its the same. I also checked the fan straight to battery its fine. I also tested two different relays and bench tested them they are fine. I also tested the end of my ms2 harness to the db37 I get continuity. How can I test the fidle output and which part of the board it is?

I am running a relay like this.

relayrb2.jpg

I didnt do these steps when assembling the board because I am not running a IAC and they do not apply to pin 30

22. Now you need to make a decision on the first 'optional' component: if you are going to use an IAC stepper motor with MegaSquirt-II, you must install a jumper from the hole marked S12C to the hole marked JS9 (+12C). These are on the bottom side of the board, on the DB9 side of the processor. DO NOT INSTALL THIS JUMPER FOR NON-MegaSquirt-II APPLICATIONS - IT WILL DESTROY THE PROCESSOR!!

If you are going to use a stepper style IAC (such as the GM IAC), you need to connect jumpers to bring the controller signals out to the DB37:

• Connect (1A)JS0 (under the processor socket) to IAC1A (near the DB37 connector) - this brings out IAC1A on DB37 pin #25
  • Connect (1B)JS1 (under the processor socket) to IAC1B (near the DB37 connector) - this brings out IAC1B on DB37 pin #27
  • Connect (2A)JS2 (under the processor socket) to IAC2A (near the DB37 connector) - this brings out IAC2A on DB37 pin #29
  • Connect (2B)JS3 (under the processor socket) to IAC2B (near the DB37 connector) - this brings out IAC2B on DB37 pin #31

I also google'd around and saw someone wiring the fan exactly the figure above but added a diode Between 86/85 so current wouldnt flow back I imagine and damage the board. ie your driving and the fan spinning through wind creating current.

http://www.msextra.com/doc/ms2extra/spareports.html

Why couldn't you just set the value to 0 or 1 for the POWER ON VALUE  depending on what you have it set now.  That way when you turn your key on during cold temp it turns on immedietly instead of being off and waiting for the temp to rise enough to turn it on. Then you might be able to troubleshoot a little further.

I also tried that went from 0 to 1 then I lowered Coolant value so it will come on right away. I think I may have bridge the transistors if it was one of them. I just don't know what circuit controls the fidle out put

• 3 weeks later...