HybridZ

Wont start, low beams not working.

So after work yesterday I wend to start my 280z and I could here the solenoid click but the starter did absolute nothing. The battery was fine so I tried roll starting it and no go, then I shorted the solenoid with a screw driver and it cranked. I had to get the thing towed home. When I got it home I had noticed the low beams are not functioning either but the high beams and they were working this morning. I am not sure what can cause both issues to be honest, so I can use someone else's opinion. If it makes any difference the car was converted over from an automatic transmission a few years ago. Anything that might help me out would be awesome.

First thing first , get the motor to crank . Make sure battery and cables are good . If you have power to starter signal wire , at the starter , during crank position then replace starter . Try to tap the starter while cranking to see if it cranks , if it does replace starter .

Ok, you need to get a voltmeter to start checking voltages at and from the ignition switch. Even a cheap one from autozone will do the job. You still need to check voltage at the starter signal wire. Let us know your results.