HybridZ

Last few little grimlins

Well I got her running good and most things sorted out (Thanks for the help HybridZ) and I believe I'm down to the last couple little things that are acting up.

1) My right side blinker wont blink when I engage the turn signal on the left side, The lights just turn on and stay on including the turning indicator on the dash.  Hazards do make both sides blink however.

2) I have been sorting out all the connections in the engine bay replacing broken lines etc. But I'm left with NO HEAT on the main center vents, AC blows and I'm able to direct airflow to where I want and will get heat elsewhere just no heat out the vents.  AC and air just not hot will blow out the center vents.

Thanks!

Oh and btw anyone know of where I can get one of those front windshield squirt things? The little "T" was broken and upon replacing the little metal tap broke off...

Edited by OldSkuZed

I'm pretty sure the heater doesn't have duct work that goes to the center vents. At least, I've never had it. AC blows through the upper vents an the circle pods on each end of the dash, but the heater operates the lower vents and defog. Pull the switch on the column and check it with a DMM or a continuity light. I pulled mine apart and fixed a few bent areas and it works beautifully. However, it sounds more like you have a dead bulb somewhere in your blinker assembly. Whenever I change the resistance the blinker doesn't operate, but the hazards will, when I was replacing lights with LEDs I just dropped in a different blinker that blinks at a higher rate when a bulb is dead.

Edited by noelawinslow

• 2 weeks later...

1) My right side blinker wont blink when I engage the turn signal on the left side, The lights just turn on and stay on including the turning indicator on the dash.  Hazards do make both sides blink however.

Usually this means that the flasher unit has gone bad. it is a small round silver cylinder, about the size of a film canister, located on the steering colum. replace it and that should work, if not you have a bad ground somewhere......

There is 2 of these units, 1 for the blinker and 1 for the hazard. you can hold on to the unit while trying the blinker, and it should "click" just like a relay. if not you know its bad...

Edited by 280zex

If your left turn signal works normal, then it isn't the silver can.  Make sure your right side circuit has correct, good bulbs in it, and the sockets are clean.  The flasher unit works off of heat generated by current draw thru the circuit.  Low current = no flash.  Check to make sure the sockets and ground points are good and clean too.