HybridZ

Has anyone tried the Speedway LS1 header kit?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a Datsun, that would be just inside the rear hatch. Before I went fuel injection I swear there was nothing in the interior but exhaust gas. Folks knew I was at work because they could smell it when I hit the door! Loving my LS-squeaky clean-GO GREEN! Back to the track in two nights.

That brings up something I was thinking about a while ago. I'm definately going to have my exhaust pipes exiting through my rear valance but I was kicking around the idea of running a 3 or 3.5" tip out half out of the quarter and half out of the rear valance. I would cut the pipe to match the body contour and trim it with some aluminum. Sound like a cool custom touch or like a tacky hairbrained idea? The one practical thought to this is it could help keep exhaust gasses from gathering at the rear of the car. What do you guys think? 

NICE!

I really like your transmission crossmember. I'll be copying that to some extent when I re-do mine. Where the crossmember bolts to the body, is that just a metal - metal junction, or is there a bushing in there as well? 

Side note : your frame rails are in WAY better shape than mine.  I think thats at the top of the list for me this winter. 1. Frame rails / subframe connectors, 2. Cage.

NICE!

I really like your transmission crossmember. I'll be copying that to some extent when I re-do mine. Where the crossmember bolts to the body, is that just a metal - metal junction, or is there a bushing in there as well? 

Side note : your frame rails are in WAY better shape than mine.  I think thats at the top of the list for me this winter. 1. Frame rails / subframe connectors, 2. Cage.

Thanks . No bushing at Xmember mounts . Got lucky on this Z , hardly any rust and pretty straight . And I paid only $700 with an extra longblock . :-D

Kinda sucks that you have to put in a cage . Well , it's for your own safety . That's why my 78 Z stays stock , maybe 125 shot .

Talked to an engine tuner today about o2 sensor location. This tuner does 1000 hp salt flat cars and several 2000 hp cars. He says the o2 sensor location is a complet myth. As long as the is no outside air coming in then it will be fine.

Those cars are not street cars . They probably don't even use O2s . Most race cars use Alpha tune , very few sensors are used for this setup .

DomZ, How loud is that setup and what muffler did you use?

Flowmaster . It was 2.5 in and 2.5 out , used with the L6 . I made it 2 2.5 ins and 3 out . I love the sound . Sounds like a GT with Flowmaster . There's no mistaken for L6 , people always ask " What'd you have in that thing ? " . That's why I have the stickers on the 1/4 windows . :-D .

I was looking at the spintechs and Dr. Gas (just because of the sound of the frequency mod mufflers). I want a deep sound, but not very loud. I had flowmasters in the past and they would drone at highway speeds, so I'm kind of leery of those.

Speaking of that I need to grab a gear and buy some mufflers. I don't want anything too loud. It looks like magnaflows have the highest flow of the quietest of the bunch. Any thoughts?

I have Magnaflow on my Z32 , I like it . I love the sound of Flowmaster . Yes , it's a little loud but that's music to my hears . If you doing dual exh. , you can get Magnaflow  X-muffler ( has built-in X pipe ) , that's what I'm using on my Z32 .

I was looking at the spintechs and Dr. Gas (just because of the sound of the frequency mod mufflers). I want a deep sound, but not very loud. I had flowmasters in the past and they would drone at highway speeds, so I'm kind of leery of those.

Don't have any experience with those .