HybridZ

CV joint circ clips stub axle

Upon reinstalling my CV axles after swapping the driver's side axle center bar over to the passsenger's side, I find that the axle, with circ clip will enter the differential and will partiallly engage the inner splines.  I can turn the differential; but, the input shaft stops before the circ clip snaps.  I think the circ clip is not compressing into it's groove.  This is new, as in the past, the circ clip would snap in place with little effort.

What is the proper way to install?   I've tapped the end of the axle [with the dust shield in place] with .5 lb plastic dead blow hammer.  With no luck.  The angle of the axle is not straight as the rear suspension is at full droop and interference with the CV adaptor companion flange prevents a straight line "shove".

Finally, can anyone here source new circ clips for input shafts for R200 LSD from an '87 300zxt?

Thanks,

G

Call them and see if they can send you one. Or PM me your address and I will see if I have an extra. But it's gonna cost you! Just kidding-it'll be free if I have one.

Oh, wait!!

Are you talking about the snap ring on the center bar, that you have to remove the boot to get to? Or are you talking about the snap ring on the snout of the CV stub that goes directly into the diff? I don't know if those snap rings are the same size....the one I might have is the one under the boot that holds the axle together. Send me a pic of the part of the axle you are talking about.

Edited by RebekahsZ