HybridZ

Trigger Wizard

tunerpike

Guys,

Where do I go to download Trigger Wizard to install it as an add on?  I have looked everywhere and can't seem to find it.. the only add on that was automically installed was the TPS Callibration Wizard....

Just to make sure I am thinking correctly on this... I set my fixed timing to 10 degrees then open the Trigger Wizard and set it to whatever my timing light is reading... Correct?

Edited by tunerpike

Tunerpike, you need to adjust your trigger angle in the spark settings until your light is flashing the commanded timing from Tuner studio. (So if your fixed advance is set at 10°, adjust your trigger angle until its flashing 10 with a timing light.)

I got ya... Right now it is set at -10 which is using the table, so if I set it to 10 it will be fixed and I just turn my dizzy until I see 10 advanced on my timing light? It that correct?

Edited by tunerpike

I just tried the above and I could not get enough turn out of my dist. to get it to the fixed 10 degrees advanced...

When doing this, should I leave my trigger angle at 60 or should I put it on zero?

Well it looks like I was able to get it but I had to set my Trigger Angle to 65 degrees... and my distributor is nearly maxed out in one direction.. Does that sound correct?

Edited by tunerpike

I personally just set my dizzy 'hand tight' in the center of adjustment when setting base timing. Also, yes setting a +10 degree advance is probably the easiest wqy to set it. I started with a 60° crank angle. It was flashing around 0, so I went to 50° angle and it showed 10° advance on the light.

It sounds like your pump drive may be a tooth off. It all still needs to be installed with the rotor pointing straight ahead with #1 on TDC compression stroke. The objective is to have MS showing the same timing as your timing light shows. See, with a setting of 65 you're actually only at 5 degrees. MS is firing the next cylinder but since it doesn't know where TDC actually is, you're really firing on #1

Edited by skirkland1980

• 3 weeks later...

Guys, I really appreciate the help.. The car is running a lot better, however its missing really bad around 3k rpm, popping through the intake and such.  Its missing so bad that I can build 6psi in neutral.

I going to assume that I have a noise problem, where can I go log my trigger to monitor it? I am running MS1.. Thx