HybridZ

Hey all,

Just got my Top End Performance rear strut tower brace.  I read all of the reviews, but had a good experience all the way up to fitment.  I accidentally ordered the part for a 240z, but contacted them and was able to get them to ship the right part for a 280z.  I was expecting a 5 minute install, but after a half hour, I can't get it to fit. 

I jacked the rear of the car until the wheels were off the ground, but it seems the brace is about .5" too long.  I can get one side mounted, but the other side is off by about a half inch. post-12144-0-05742100-1372390385_thumb.jpg

If I got the 240z part, would that explain the difference or is my chassis that far out?  Any input is appreciated.

The 280 strut towers are taller/higher in the body and would thus be closer together at the top, but I'm not sure there isn't something slightly different in the overall spacing that makes that a bad comparison.

The 72 I have handy has 30.5" spacing between the two inner-most studs as a reference.