HybridZ

List of grounds?

I just got my 77 280z 2+2 running after a head/ head gasket swap. It now has an N47 head on a N42 block. I let it run for about a minute, then tried to turn the distributor to help it run smoother. I was shocked when I grabbed it. I was wondering if this was normal, because I don't remember having that problem before the rebuild... Is there anyone that knows all of the grounds and where they are supposed to be in the engine bay? I have the manuals from xenon but I still am obviously doing something wrong. also, I took the car for its second drive on the fresh head and I randomly lost power twice. The first time I just started the car again, but the second I had to get a jump from mom's car.

The wiring harness is a mess due to the P.O but it wasn't giving me problems before i switched heads.

Also: my temperature gauge is not working anymore (just in case this also is a grounding issue)

The shock would have been from a coil discharge, a spark.  You might have poor wires or a dirty cap or a poorly seated wire.  The least resistive path to ground for the spark was through you.  Check your wires and cap and don't touch the plug wires when you're turning the distributor.  Don't have any other part of your body touching the car either, use one hand.

The above is just to keep you from getting shocked.  The other problems will take more work.