HybridZ

Need Help With LS1 Swap in NJ

Hey guys. This is David in Jersey City I have a 1974 260Z 2+2 with a Gen I SBC and a 4-speed. Although there wasn't a lot of info available about the car, I was told that the car was formerly a race car in Texas. The car has a roll bar and racing harness. I've had the car a couple of years. I replaced the clutch shortly after getting the car

My clutch needs replacement again. And I don't have the time, the garage or the expertise to swap in an LS1/T56 pull-out. If any group members in NJ, PA, NY or nearby who have done an LS1/T56 swap or if you know of a shop nearby who does a good job with these swaps, I will be greatly appreciative. For now, I'm just looking to swap in the stockv drivetrain. And I'm ready to do it now. Thanks.

David

David,

As discussed, I can do it. It all comes down to how much of the swap do you want to pay someone else to do and how meticulous you want the finished product to be. You really need to stop by to discuss what you want done. Also, will you be sourcing the parts such as engine, trans, radiator, mounts, driveshaft, shifter, clutch master and slave, headers and exhaust to name a few? In the end, if you are paying someone, it isn't cheap!

Joe

So stop posting about it already and PM rags and get on with it! Gonna have to do a face to face sometime. You owe it to him to figure out expectations. You can do a rag-tag swap for cheap and quick or you can make a show car-you need to see both ends of the spectrum then figure out what you want., probably something in the middle.