HybridZ

Turbo Tom's Water Injection Calibration

I am have been messing with my Turbo Tom's 3L 240z for 7 years now.  The car is reliable and I used to use it for drivers ed. trackdays.  Now i just drive around town when there is no rain.  I went to drive it yesterday and decided since it has been so long i should check the water injection system before I give it some boost.  I took a video to show how I calibrate the mechanical water injection.  I was trained on this by the previous owner when i bought the car.  He had been shown by Turbo Tom how to do this.  The car came with about 10 beat AN check valve fittings that no longer seated.  I re-built after about 2 months of owning the car with an o-ring sealing setup...

If anyone has any questions on these setups let me know.  With the correct setup, these carb'ed setups are unbelievable.   

http://youtu.be/wrmEeJCmdRg

Apparently The Conservators of Uncle Ho's legacy see it to nix my viewing of his video...grrrrrr....

I'll have to watch it when I get o Manila tomorrow.

Got one just like this, thanks or documenting it!

Thanks, Ryan.  The white original 510 that was pulled out of a storage container is coming along.  Mechanically it acts like the original 50k mile car it is.  Over the last few weeks, I have been daily driving it and working out some simple switch and relay issues.  i.e. all the worn out wires are getting replace one by one.....They only thing left on the list now is to buff and wax it.

If you want to track your car the FIRM in Starke/Keystone Heights is a good day trip.  We have tested out there a few times now, and both times it is pretty much been our own track.  If you want to take you car out, let me know maybe i will take the Turbo Tom's car out and stretch it's legs.  See the attached image of the yellow "red farmer" 510 a few weeks ago.  We are taking the yellow 510 and red 240 down to sebring to run the long course with the VDCA group over labor day weekend. So we have been busy prepping both cars which is why the most reliable, my turbo tom's car, does not get any attention right now.  

How is the FI upgrade going.  Did you figure out how to convert the manifold to o-ring injectors. 

post-3007-0-48933800-1375035857_thumb.jpg

Thanks, Ryan.  The white original 510 that was pulled out of a storage container is coming along.  Mechanically it acts like the original 50k mile car it is.  Over the last few weeks, I have been daily driving it and working out some simple switch and relay issues.  i.e. all the worn out wires are getting replace one by one.....They only thing left on the list now is to buff and wax it.

If you want to track your car the FIRM in Starke/Keystone Heights is a good day trip.  We have tested out there a few times now, and both times it is pretty much been our own track.  If you want to take you car out, let me know maybe i will take the Turbo Tom's car out and stretch it's legs.  See the attached image of the yellow "red farmer" 510 a few weeks ago.  We are taking the yellow 510 and red 240 down to sebring to run the long course with the VDCA group over labor day weekend. So we have been busy prepping both cars which is why the most reliable, my turbo tom's car, does not get any attention right now.  

How is the FI upgrade going.  Did you figure out how to convert the manifold to o-ring injectors. 

I ended up going with a different set of 60lb bosch injectors, just had to swap the pintle caps to the longer style.  Much easier than machining the manifold and zero risk of a local machine shop ruining my shaved/polished manifold trying to figure it out, lol.  Ive already had its initial start w/ the Haltech ( http://instagram.com/p/cAOqIWh3G8/ ) , just sorting out an ignition issue currently.

Speaking of, if anyone reading this wants a set of never been used 6 50lb 14mm oring injectors once owned by Turbo Tom himself, PM me haha!

I talked to the FIRM guys during the Tioga show, seemed liked they were eager to get people out to the track.  Eventually I would def like to take my car out there, maybe once i get a good tune on the haltech.

Sorry for the off-topic post, good luck at Sebring though! Eventually I'll have to check out the yellow 510 in action