HybridZ

CAM o WORMS

casper9182

Is there anybody that knows anything about this cam? Its on a 280z EFI motor with the N47 head. It has some engravings on the ends. See pics.

Any ideas? Im curious if anybody has heard of CAL-CAMS? Thanks!!

CAL-CAMS 

252-8

then the lash settings

post-28172-0-52626000-1378981705_thumb.jpg

USE 150 LASH PAD

post-28172-0-27873400-1378981711_thumb.jpg

I am going to go out on a limb here and give you a stab at the specs...

252* duration advertised, 108 lobe center, about 450 lift...

A very small lobe profile...but bigger than stock.

I have absolutely no proof in any direction...but you could send it to any cam grinder and have them profile the cam, or you can spend a little time with a degree wheel and a dial indicator and measure out the specifications yourself.

Cal-Cams may no longer be in business, might be a different name now, could have been bought, ect. They might still be in business, too!

I am going to go out on a limb here and give you a stab at the specs...

252* duration advertised, 108 lobe center, about 450 lift...

A very small lobe profile...but bigger than stock.

I have absolutely no proof in any direction...but you could send it to any cam grinder and have them profile the cam, or you can spend a little time with a degree wheel and a dial indicator and measure out the specifications yourself.

Cal-Cams may no longer be in business, might be a different name now, could have been bought, ect. They might still be in business, too!

I was guessing the 8 might be mm lift at the lobe which would be pretty close to this.

Degree wheel and dial indicator are your best bet, PLUS you would learn something!

I was guessing the 8 might be mm lift at the lobe which would be pretty close to this.

Degree wheel and dial indicator are your best bet, PLUS you would learn something!

Bolded for truth...

...even the cheapie harbor freight dial indicator will work fine for this, and you can even make your own degree wheel... Ever heard of a printer? I'll even take 10 seconds out of my day to find...

degreew.jpg

...that. You're welcome. Print, glue to cardboard, done!.