HybridZ

1978 280Z 5.3/A4 project

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

two things: What trans dipstick is that?

Can you show me your tranny cooling lines when you get a chance?

The dipstick is from Lokar.  What shots of the cooling lines would you like?  I'd be happy to take more shots. The lines from the tranny up to the front of the engine are stock Z28 lines. From there they go into short rubber hoses and then into more hard line that is running along the frame.

The dipstick is from Lokar.  What shots of the cooling lines would you like?  I'd be happy to take more shots. The lines from the tranny up to the front of the engine are stock Z28 lines. From there they go into short rubber hoses and then into more hard line that is running along the frame.

The stock z28 lines fit properly to the front of the engine area?

Yes sir, the fit great until the front of the engine. After that one of the lines makes a 90 to the drivers side and the two more 90s ending back over to the passenger side. I just cut off those crazy bends and then bubble flared the ends so the hoses wouldn't come off under pressure.

• 3 weeks later...

Slow78Z - What does your car weigh? Your 1/4 times are great on the stock tires. I'm trying to figure out why my LS1/T56 that dyno'd the same as yours is a full second slower on 225/16's.

It weighed 2860 without me in it on the scale at the track. It is about 3100 with me in it. Our track gets prepped really good being its a NHRA sanctioned track. I think that helps out a bunch.