HybridZ

240z Wiring Question

fallenone121

Okay...I know this will probably be a pointless inquiring but hey if you dont ask you will never know!

I have gotten ahold of KnuKonceptz about wiring of different colors and my plan is to pull out the stock wiring on my Z since I will be doing an acid/alcolyne dip anyway...that way I can upgrade the fuse box fully to a modern fuse block with 18 circuits and upgrade to a better gauge of wiring all the way through...

What I am curious about is trying to find out what lengths of wiring for the colors presented.

I have the wiring diagram but it doesnt show the lengths I will need for the wiring and I would have to pull all of the old wiring first and keep it together in order to get measurements so I figured I should ask first here if anyone happens to have measurements of the wiring for the Z front to rear so I can upgrade it all.

I have a Painless Wiring 18 circuit modern style fuse block (without harness) to replace the original fuse block that was prone to going supernova - which lead me to realize that the wiring itself may burn out.

I did use the search function looking for posts regarding wiring but the inherent flaw on search function is wording - if you dont word it precisely you wont find what you are looking for.

It certainly makes sense to get a universal harness to go with the fuse block I already have which would only be like maybe 150$ more which is nothing compared to the money I am already pitching into the project.

People locally are already astounded at the very thought of a $90k 240Z build xD

Sad is that I will have to get most all labor done in other states because noone out here seems to know what they are doing. I did research before I chose to go to another engine because people kept complaining that engines along the lines of the L series kept being blown up by local shops.

Thank you for the thoughts icon_e_smile.gif

People locally are already astounded at the very thought of a $90k 240Z build xD

Im far from local, but Tennessee would be astounded at the thought too. In my opinion, rather than paying local shops to do the work knowing that your budget is that high, why not buy someone else's z that was a funded shop build. to think i thought i went over board. 

If your doing the wiring yourself, and planning to pull your old harness out, then unwrap it and measure wire by wire to get the dimensions and colors of exactly what you see in your head. 

None-the-less, i am looking forward to your end product. Should be killer.