HybridZ

What to use now that Tokico Illluminas aren't available?

So, I have 1 1/2" sectioned struts on my '71 240 and am using the Illumina BZ3015 in the rear (made for the front of 240Zs) and the BZ3099 in the front (made for the rear of 87-89 Toyota MR2s). I noticed some leakage on the rears and figure I'd like to replace all of them. So, what quality adjustable strut inserts are readily available that will fit these cars? I can't seem to find any.

Mike Mileski

Tucson, AZ

I have one blown BZ3099 in a front tube (it dumped its oil about ten years ago and I've been driving it that way with zero rebound dampening since). I'm finally doing something about it and buying a set of koni 8610-1437s all the way around. I'm buying from johnc. At 13-ish inches long, hopefully they are about the same length as the bz3099. I will use a spacer in back to make up the difference in tube length. I will be selling my 3 good BZ 3099s after I remove them. It will be a few months.

• 2 months later...

I know this topic is a little old but I'm having the same issues with finding a site that has the BZ3099 models (I've tried 6). I don't have the budget to go with the Konis just yet.

Any recommendations or does anyone have 2 sitting around they don't need?