HybridZ

I want my discs to look new again

PLATA

Pull the caliper off and hang it up with a zip tie so you don't have to disconnect the brake line. Then clean everything up with a citrus based cleaner. It cuts right through brake dust and road grime!

Works great on wheels too!

Edited by cockerstar

Maybe you should take them off and have them gold plated?

Is the anodizing faded or just dirty? Just clean them up if they're dirty and avoid any caustic cleaners as they can harm the finish of anodized aluminum.

I'm missing what the challenge is here??

Maybe you should take them off and have them gold plated?

Is the anodizing faded or just dirty? Just clean them up if they're dirty and avoid any caustic cleaners as they can harm the finish of anodized aluminum.

I'm missing what the challenge is here??

:lmao:

There is no challenge. This is just another opportunity for him to show-off his awesome Z and make it look like he actually does some work on it...

The red anodizing is full of brake grime , I will be using a cleaner just on that part. Hey, there is a lot of know how on this forum and I simply chime in to get the vast info here like any other member on this forum. There is no reason to use remarks such as the one made by member on post # 8. Yes I do have a super detailed trophy winner Hybrid Z with a professional installed LS1. I see plenty of members who post on regular basis the condition of the car they owned . So what is wrong in showing your ride to fellow Z addicts. As far as the challenge , none. BTW , I personally do the basic maintenance and in a rare occasion if repairs are needed since this Z was built at no expense, I have the financial ability to farm the heavy stuff . So please if there is envy , I can not help with that post-36683-0-07451800-1382385429_thumb.jpg     :icon12:

Edited by PLATA

:lmao:

There is no challenge. This is just another opportunity for him to show-off his awesome Z and make it look like he actually does some work on it...

Leon , this post is on the non tech board, a board for basic info and no need for text book plagiarism m&mparty.gif 

I think Leon was speaking for all of us about how we're jealous of your Z and doing so in good humor.

Scrub 'em up and show them off some more! 

I've had really good results using the orange-based stuff to cut through road grime, so I'd give that a shot. 

Hey, we live in a free land, do what you want and verb at will, but there is no need for insults. So if attack , attack back . The orange base cleaner looks like a good try.

Edited by PLATA