HybridZ

Advice on YZ Fender Flares

rucus01

I have finaly gotten around to doing my YZ fender flares and seem to be have some fit issues. I mocked them up this afternoon and they seem to be to narrow even for my existing tires? Should I trim the edges here so they fit? Am I doing something wrong here ?

Driver side

33eq4gx.jpg

hx0zef.jpg

25g41tu.jpg

No fiberglass part I have ever seen didn't require some sort of trimming. So yes. you will need to trim the lips a bit. What size tires do you have on there?

Those are 225/50R16. The reason I was asking is there is a little inside lip on them. If you trim them that will be gone unless I mold it back in.

Matt

You will need to trim and as you said mold back in the lips. My subtle z kit needed some finessing here and there. I may have to cut the rear lips out, pull them out and fill in with fiberglass to get an in between subtle and yz wide effect. You just have to go into the fiber glass world expecting to have to do some extra fitment adjusting.