HybridZ

Idle problems

So just about 2 weeks go I replaced my valve cover gasket and I went to start my car and it idled really badly. It would warm up and I would rev the engine and as soon as the RPMs dropped down the car died. It starts back up fine but if you let it sit the car will sputter at idle speed and seem like it is going to stall

Vacuum leak to the crankcase is probable.  Check all hoses, including PCV.   All air to the intake system must pass through the AFM at least once, including PCV.  I'm assuming that you have a ZX, since ZX is in your screen name. 

Edited by NewZed

No, just check the intake system and crankcase for air leaks.  That includes all of the hoses.  The crankcase is connected to the intake system through the PCV system.  The ECU meters fuel based on the quantity of air indicated by the AFM.  If you have any leaks, the air/fuel ratio will be lean.  Even the dipstick tube will allow a leak if the dipstick is not seated.

Focus on the things you touched when you removed the valve cover.  Old hoses can split when they're handled.  If you put any fancy breather filters on the valve cover while you were there, that was a mistake.  All of those hoses need to be intact.