HybridZ

Removing broken exhaust bolt in head.

Replacing the manifold gasket and head of the middle bolt broke, so there's about an inch sticking out. I've been periodically putting pb blaster and tapping on it, but vice grips aren't gonna work. I would imagine itd be easier with that much bolt still stickin out rather than being flush, so I don't want to screw up. Any suggestion?

You are lucky you have an inch to work with. That is a lot, and it should be a breeze to get it out compared to it breaking flush with the head.

I would get a grinder or dremel, and shave the stud a little on eac side so you have flat surfaces to grip on. Then I would torch the area to get things a little lose. It should come right out.

Clean it thoroughly so that PB-Blaster can get into the threads. Heat is the next step. Do a few heat/cool cycles.  Ideally weld a nut onto the exposed bolt to get the best grip. When you finally go to do it, vise grips or not, go SLOWLY, in BOTH directions to get it moving. Then keep adding PB-Blaster and keep working it. Patience is key here.