HybridZ

Pacesetter 3-2 clearance questions

vale2489

I'm already kicking my self in the ass going with the pacesetters after having to modify every single one of those stupid spacers they come with... My next issue looks to be being able to hook up my msa twice pipes.It looks like there is little to no room to join the headers to the exhaust once the transmission is on ( maybe with some really scrawny u-bolts). My buddy has a set of 3-2's ( unknown brand) and a mile of room between the bell housing and the collectors....are my pacessetters bent or are clearance issues the norm with them? Engine is f54 block and p79 head into 77 280z

Edited by vale2489

No it's the pacesetter, I had to have my collector cut and welded back at a better angle to give more room for the bell housing. I did not get much more room but I can get the trans out with out removing the header. I had the same problem with the spacers that came with it too. I had to cut a little step in each one to get them to sit flat, other wise I could not get a good seal on the intake manifold or the header. I would like a better manifold too but I'm stuck for now.

I've got one on my '79. The PS came with the car when I bought it used and I don't know if it's been modified, but the clearance is pretty tight in there. I do know it was a damn tribulation trying to get my fingers in there to loosen the bolts under the heat shield when I removed the header from the engine for a cylinder head polish. Maybe that's with any header on these cars though haha