HybridZ

sbc 350 swapped datsun

hello everyone!

I want to but a datsun that has a Chevy small block, however its in a bad shape regarding the exterior and the interior. how much should i pay for it ?

the exterior needs paint but the body is straight. the interior could use a touch of restoration.

Thank you all and god bless you

First of all, welcome to HybridZ.org....I hope you find it a useful and informing forum.

Pretty hard to answer your question given the scant information provided in your post....a lot of variables go into your decision.  Being that you're in AZ, I would accept nothing less than a straight, rust-free shell.  

To get an idea of going market prices, have you perused our Classified section?  I'm sure you'll be able to see several examples similar to the car you're considering, which should give you a decent idea of what it's worth.

Hope this helps...good luck with your search and happy motoring.

jhm 

Thank you very much for the information.

You will want to watch for RUST in the floor pans especially and other areas inside the vehicle.  You won't need one with a Small Block Chev (SBC) as you can install one of those yourself.  There are many aspects to be covered in a Datsun with a SBC, drivetrain, suspension etc.

• 3 weeks later...

Keep searching for a clean and unmodified 240Z with minimum rust and do the conversion yourself.  I can't recommend buying a V8 Z unless you know it was done correctly.

I purchased my first V8 240Z done by the PO and had to redo the entire installation including all of the wiring that he had chopped up. For my current hybrid 240Z I bought the cleanest Z I could find for $3k. Starting with a clean platform makes the conversion much easier and less costly.