HybridZ

LS cams

231/242 duration, .605/.607  113 ls.  L76, 6 liter with stock LS3 heads and intake, put down 418 rwhp and 386 rwtq  all thru a 4L80E pig. Best pass to date with a lousy tight torque converter in need of a re flash.  6.91 at 101.97  with a 1.64 60 ft. 1/8th mile, 10.91 at 127 with a lousy 1.68 60 ft.  1/4 mile.

I'll have to check around for dyno graph. I purchased the cam swap package from Geoff Skinner at EPS, he used to own Thunder Racing. Package (comp cams)came with .650 lift double roller springs, hardened pushrods, valve seals, and the cam is his custom grind numbers that he has Comp cams grind for him.  I am using the stock roller rockers, the after market ones are noisy as hell from what I have heard. You can do the trunion upgrade on your roller rockers if you are the least bit concerned about failure.

Edited by Zfan1

(former) Vengeance Racing VRX4 228 / 230 .598/.602 on a 112* LSA

+ AFR 205's and FAST 90/92

=442 / 420 N/A 

=576 / 617 on a 150 shot 

IMG_0892_zpsbbd39545.jpg

New: Tick Performance 21x / 22x .590 / .640 on a 11x   (still in limbo)

I wish you could see some of the work Vengeance Racing does on customer's cars. You'd never run anything that says Vengeance ever again.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine is programmed to shift at 6400, rev limiter is 6700. I am going to lower my shift points to 6200 and rev limiter at 6500. There is no need to spin mine that high, it makes no more power and just wears stuff out prematurely.

Totally agree. I studied my dyno pulls when I first got them and realized everything dropped like a rock after about 5,600 on my stock LS1.  I figured cam and heads would give me some more but probably not a lot. The runs I've made, confirmed by the but dyne and ET's indicated that shifts at 5,900-6,000 was where I got my best performance. It also keeps me out of the 6,200 rpm rev limiter.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't gotten to the point of selecting a cam for me. I just learned what litman was running in his incredible car, so I posted it up so I wouldn't forget. I don't know if he has the car running yet, but he just sent me a photo packet in the box with the parts he sent me. The mild custom mods he has done are going to blow the forum away!