HybridZ

New project!!

Well   To me it really sounds like you need rebuild kits for all your wheel cyl or Loaded replacement calipers. Depends on your budget.  you'll need to have your rotors turned.  If you go for new, then consider the 300zx/Toyota caliper upgrade. fully up to you though.  Again I'd replace the rubber lines to the calipers too.  The metal lines should be fine.   You should rebuild/replace your Master cyls too.  Check the pricing, they should be cheap enough that replacing is worth it.  You can use the ZX MC for brakes if you're doing the upgrade.

The main thing here is to remember how old your car is. All the rubber is probably not doing well. So safety-wise you really need to Spend the money to make the car safe.  For your sake, and especially for your passengers. 

Ahh well good, Fuel is flowing that's awesomesauce...   once you replace those fuel injector lines you'll be happy.  You can cut them off with a dremel if you're really careful and are prepared for fire. (as in moved outside, with an extinguisher and drained lines.) Once you cut the old clamps off you can replace with new and should be in great shape.  Since you'll have the lines off, you can clean and test your injectors. Replace if needed. You may need to just soak them to make them spray well again.   There was a thread on good replacement injectors. Something about newer Honda injectors spraying finer improving combustion.

His plastic containers are empty and he can't figure out why the pedals go to the floor.  Probably not really ready for any "upgrades", at all.

It's time forrrrrrrrrrrrr...reading and looking at pictures.  In the big book that professional engineers spent much effort and time assembling.  So people could understand how their stuff works.

• Like 1

Telling people you're not an idiot on the internet is a pretty idiotic thing to do...  It just invites people to prove you wrong.

Our point here though is that you CAN do this, yes. We are just trying to guide you based on our collective experience. It's up to you to take our advice of not. But we expect you to search and READ READ READ, there's explanations here on how to do all these projects. We're not going to spell it out for you or blindly provide you links that you could simply search for yourself. Sure this is all new to you, but that's why we expect you to read. Life is not going to be just handed to you easy. Most anything you want, you will have to work for. MOST OF ALL, information, you're going to have to put in the time to LEARN about how all this works and what can be done. that's where the reading and prep comes in. Only YOU can learn stuff for YOU, we can't LEARN it for you.  I assume that makes sense to you.

Now back to your Car, Any updates? were you able to take the injectors out?

Yea, sorry just the name describes me. No and I didn't want to wear down the screws on the injector holders. :icon_frow  But! Wasn't really any need to yet since I replaced all the hoses and it's leaking from only the place I forgot to put a clamp on haha. But so far I discovered that I'm going to need new master cylinders. I have no idea if the brake fluid might've gone bad in the clutch too (if it does) cuz it was all like sand in the Reservoirs to both master cylinders. Any rubber lines I should worry about leading to the clutch and brakes that might be bad?

• 2 weeks later...

So I read that the Nissan cmopany built these cars to where they were able to interchange parts with other Nissan cars. Could a Master Cylinder from a 93 240sx fit my 77 280z? Also what kind of store would I go to for brake lines to be restored?

• 2 weeks later...

Where could I get replacement brake lines that go into the Brake Master Cylinder? I've looked everywhere and it just shows steel braided brake lines and not the ones that I need. I had to cut the lines because the bolts on my MC were too worn down and there was no chance of them coming off.

I would just do the work and put new ones in. They are not that pricey, and you'll know that everything is fresh. I think it would be more hassle to pull the ZX lines and re-install them in the Z than it would be to make fresh ones.

On another note. If your car hasn't been driven in a long time. Get the radiator boiled and pressure tested asap. It's good insurance for about $100.

If This is your first car you have to just build some confidence, dive in, and try things out. If your learning how to work on cars by yourself it's going to get expensive. Your going to fix things, brake them and fix them again, till you get it right. But in the end, you'll be better off for it.

Good luck!