HybridZ

First Z slow progress build thread

I was 16 when I got my Z. It all started one day when I decided to take this dirt road that I had always wondered about. Well to my surprise as I turned this civet u see this red something sitting there. I probably squealed a little but who can judge? ;) Anywho, I called my dad who, mind you, is and always has been a die hard GM fan. And to my surprise he was actually super on board with it. So after about a week we went and talked to the guy about it and he shot out $800 and I was all teenager and said something along the lines of hhhheeeeellll yeahhhhh. The guy we got it from was super nice and told us straight up that it had a little rust which is expected from being in the south but I was optimistic. He also told us that about 3 years prior when he parked it that it wouldn't crank due to a burn valve or something. But a new battery and some fresh fuel got it running like a top on 5/6 cylinders but I was excited none the less. So after we had it running for a little while me and my friend thought that you could take the rear fuel pump out to the equation and still be fine (we were wrong) it messed up the front fuel pump si now it only pulses and doesn't get a steady flow of fuel into the engine. This was kinda a pain but we saw it as a good opportunity to start the tear down. I took the two carbs off and was really not discrete about the hoses I cut so now it would take an act of Congress to get it to work I think. After that we stripped the interior and started doing a little investigating which is when we found the floor pans were shot and needed to be replaced. Not too big of a deal, I'd rather spend a little and have it done right than fall through the floor. Besides all of the little stuff of cleaning it up a little and somehow being able to avoid having to take the spindle pins out not much more has happened. I plan to eventually do an VVT-I aristo 2jzgte swap it but that will have to be either during summer or my senior year of high school. Regardless this car WILL live. If you've read this far Pat yourself on the back! Here are some pictures from my Facebook account. They may not work but I don't want to upload like 30 something pictures with my ball sack Internet. Thanks guys!!

https://m.facebook.com/grayson.sullens/albums/10202222675501903/