HybridZ

what to do to make it into the 12's

LD28 crank, 240 rods, and I think the ZZ22 piston. Not sure on the piston, others can tell you.

Spend the money and get forged pistons. You will of course have to have the whole bottom end balanced, and I would run the ARP rod bolts. I also had my rods prepped like in one of the datsun hotrodding books. They were polished, shotpeened, bushed, and I had two oil holes drilled in the small end of the rod to help oil the pin. No issue's so far.

It will be fun when you finished.

On the other hand, you can do 12's lots cheaper, but perhaps less reliably. The JWT 300ZX ECU with 420cc injectors, a good intercooler, and a bone stock motor will get you 12s, and high 11s with slicks. It all depends on where you want to spend your money.

Guest norm[T12SDSUD]

Hey turbo, I have broken so many parts in my 7 years of drag racing I wouldn't know where to start.LOL

My two best examples though would be the Two 2.8L cranks I broke in two and my clutch explosion which took out the entire forward bell housing along with the starter, flywheel, brake, clutch and fuel lines etc. etc.!

When you're running 12's in the 1/4 on an N/A Z car you are really beating on it !!

Later,norm