HybridZ

CV half-shaft swaps in 2014 any less expensive alternatives?

gvincent

If someone has a set of the Wolfcreek cv axles, and could verify whether or not the axle length 15 5/8, You would be 4 adapters away from being done with this kit.

Looks like there's only about 12 3/8" inches to stuff an axle and adapters in to, for the 240Z's.  Probably a little more room for the 280Z's.

About 2/3 down the page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/BetaMotorsports-LLC/143989191670

Excerpt: "In a R200 installtion, with the lower control arms about 7.5 degrees from parallel to the ground, the driver's side halfshaft's length is 12 3/8" while the passenger side halfshaft's length is 13 1/4". The driver's side halfshaft is almost bottomed out while this coil-over equipped 260Z is sitting at an unladen ride height of 6" at the rear. With the driver in the car and fuel on board, the driver's side halfshaft will be 1/8" from bottoming."

• 11 months later...

Has anybody made the 280ZXT 3x2 adaptor from Cygnusx1 (download from post #3 above)  and is it not as thick as the ones that were/are being made for MM and now Chequered Flag?

Anybody currently running the Cygnusx1 3x2 adaptor and 280ZXT axle combo on a 280Z? 

Bringing this thread back from the dead to answer year old questions.

Yes, I made some 280zxt adapters based on the drawing. I found 1.100 to be a bit thick, so I cut them down to 1.00. I then bolted them to the flanges and welded them together. No problems to date, but I have an auto and preload before matting it.

014_zpsmxqkvpdg.jpg