HybridZ

LSx HybridZs going to ZAttack in Nashville April 12

So far, 3 LSx Z cars plan to attend ZAttack and I hope to turn it into a freak show. I will be there with my running but partially reassembled (always) LS2/T56 240z with drag slicks and rear BAMF flares, roll bar, CLSD R200 with shortened Z31T CV axles and heady duty driveshaft, AZC 4-pot brakes and Kirkey seat. ECUAdam will be there with his newly completed 73 240z Microsquirted 5.3/recently home rebuilt T56, group-buy 17" Rotas, Marugen ZG flares. EasTNz will be there with his 5.3/T6060 un-cut S30 with his own custom built shift linkage.

I will be bringing a couple of jacks, jack stands and a bunch of tools so we can crawl over and under these cars to learn as much as we can from one another. I will bring as many of my different wheels and tires so that we have some fun trying out different combinations. Folks can try their wheels o er my big brakes to see if they clear, etc. I hope to make this a super- active event. Others should come and get in on the fun. Bring a chair for your girlfriend but don't plan to sit around. I plan to go home greasy and tired. I will get there as early as I can and try to save some space so we can be next to each other. If you are considering a LS swap, this will be a great opportunity to get some good (and bad) ideas. Each of these cars is different from the other but each of us did the swaps ourselves in our home shops. If you want a joy ride, better bring a milk crate for my car because I won't have a second seat in it for another couple of weeks.

Are you registered for the car show and other events or are you just going to be set up in the free parking lot area.

Tour is already sold out. Don't see me paying $45+ to lose a car show and a tshirt but might consider going to look. 

Edited by Aero Z

Oh, come on ZFan, stop bei g such a weenie! Aero, I'm nor registered for the tours. Will be going on Sat only. Will look at the registration stuff tonight. I'm not going for awards but if I have to pay $45 to get a spot, I guess I will pay it. I'm adapting to inflation. I would spend $45 in gas to come see just you, and I've already done that once or twice! I spend about that any night at the strip. I will need a head count in the event they will let me save parking spots when I get there. They may or they may not. AeroZ-am I saving you a spot if I can? You will likely have the cleanest car among us.

I know a guy with I think a 74 SBC that lives in Smyrna, he works at the nissan plant. Maybe I can get him to join you guys also. He has a very nice setup. I am seeing how things look so I can take a weekend drive up there and check it out.

Jake, I don't get into Nashville much. It will be a couple hour drive for me too. I will have to break out the GPS and mapquest to find it myself. My car is kind of in pieces (see all my latest posts) but maybe we could put together some drag racing but probably not. I don't think there is any thing in the schedule. Why don't we just try to get together this time and look at our cars and swap phone numbers and talk tales. . Then I will try to get us all together later this summer at a dragstrip or autocross somewhere central to all of us? It may be too much to pack into one weekend. I'm not planning to spend the night in Nashville, just get up early and drag my arse home late.

Same here, I'm heading up at 7 am eastern time (6 central) and get there around 9 am to the event but I'm not staying the night either on driving home late. It's a little south of Nashville in Franklin, TN. It takes me around 3 hours to get there from Knoxville.

I'm going to keep most of my discussion on this event in the Events forum with the original post.  I just put this on the Gen III forum because I know several guys who only stalk this forum and not the whole hybridz site.  Registered with extra T-shirt in case I manage to stay on this diet. It sucks when  your t-shirt HURTS!