HybridZ

SoCal Z Restoration shops?

Hey all, I'm in the hunt for a shop in the SoCal area that does good restoration work. The car is pretty well mechanically, the interior and body will be the majority of work needed. If anyone knows of any shops, it would be appreciated if you could pass on the info. I would do it myself, but I travel for work and rarely have time to work on the car.

Thanks!

I have a shop that does great work very reasonably in Ventura County:

Martinez body shop

1205 N. Oxnard blvd.

Ca. 93030

Phone(805) 988-3767

Ask for Julio and tell him Frank with the red Z sent you.

I've owned my car for 42 years and it had gotten pretty rundown by 2000. I couldn't find a shop to restore it. Most want $12,00.00 and then still turned the work down. Julio took the job and did it for around $7500.00. 

The photo is "after" LOL.

Hope this helps, although it may be too far for you.

Good luck either way.

post-25835-0-58432800-1395768267_thumb.jpg

Yeah, it sucks sometimes, but enjoy the job and it pays for the toys. I've only been home 6 months in the last 3 years. 3 tours in Afghanistan and currently on tour in other parts of the world.

I've discussed this with Frank and Jochen... We started calculating during MSA last year. I was at the house for MSA 2011, 10 days. Came back again in December/January 15 days. I think the total in 2011 was maybe 45 days all-in but most of that was at a service meeting in PA and visiting dad in Michigan... MSA 2012 10 days, January/December 5 days, MSA 2013 10 days. Service meeting 2014 3 days...

Somehow, in that period, I ended up with a 280ZX, an F150, a 1958 Datsun 1000 (L210) and a supercharged 240Z! WTF?!?!?!?

Six months??? Hell son, you got PLENTY of time to work n the car!!!

Edited by Tony D