HybridZ

L28ET into low 11's

Guest Anonymous

ok thanks.

also what intake systems are the best for this motor.

like as in manifold and intake.

for a intercooler do i have to buy a brand name one or could i just get a F350 SD intercooler or something like that but maybe abit smaller cuz i doubt a big intercooler like that would fit.

and what should i do for cooling?

electric fans? whatelse?

thanks again

mike

Guest Anonymous

Nitrous, Nitrous, Nitrous.It enables you to run a streetable motor without huge amounts of boost i am currently running 11psi of boost on a stock Toyota CT26 turbo. with what was a 120hp shot of nitrous in my N/A motor just turned into a 200 shot in my turbo motor.I never speed shift and turbo lag is not a problem as the nitrous spools boost instantly.11.063@126.31 and this is without an intercooler, well nitrous oxide is my intercooler and a damn good one too.If nitrous is run correctly in a turbo motor all sorts of good things will happen...the problems i have had to adress were problems of to much horsepower and everyone should have that problem. http://photos.yahoo.com/sss510six

200shot????? I like you! I thought the 100shot I ran was damn fun and I cannot imaging hitting a 200shot on that sucker. Hell, with 10psi and 100shot the car blew the drag radials out of the hole from a 2400rpm brake stall. Now, SSS510 run more boost and get a bigger turbo and I think 135mph is around the corner for you.

Guest Zcarsmakemyheadhurt

Affordable 11's on the street, I would start with the fuel injection for sure something like a SDS is easy to tune. A Haltec, Electromotive or Microtec have more features like datalog and laptop programability that some people are scared of but as long as you can program and the computer converts to speed density (no AFM). Injector's, 30-55lb injectors compared to the 19's that are on the car now would let you make the power you could go bigger it you know what your doing. Turbo, I like a stageIII T3 with a E-flow front wheel and housing good for 450hp if you need more power than that its gonna be a TO4 complete and I think you said something about the budget so keep it simple. Intercooler, use something that flows, good core size and clean design. I make my own its not offten you find good ones in junk yards. After that pay attention to the cylinder head, port it and match port the intake fully. If your cars light it should cruz the quarter mile in the 11's on a good sticky street tire but dont think your gonna drive it hard and forget power shifting if your making lots of power (you will) its gonna do nothing but spin tire or worse break drive line. If you use NOS keep it at a 75-100hp shot with the right timing it shouldn't hurt anything and you could drive the car real easy. There is more to this mix but I got a head ache from staring at this computer so give me a call if you need help. Good luck.

Alex Costa

Precision Machined Engines

1-800-665-0405

are you guys doing this on stock gears and the t5 tranny or what. I've got the 81-83 five speed and 3.90's in my car and what a difference but the clutch keeps slipping so what clutch could I fit in the n/a bellhousing with the turbo flywheel "when I get one"?? and what kind of gains would i get with these mods to get 11's with my gears I know carmero guys get great gains from there stock gears to 3.73 so would I see a greater gain with these mods with my gears or not, I'm wanting to get every bit of power that I can for a low price in my z before I more go for my expensive mods like the 3.0 stroker.

;)

tbs

i run 3.54's and while i think they are ok, i wish i had a close ratio gearing still. i would like to run 3.90 rear end with 10-12 psi with the t3, with the 3.54 and a zx na 5speed its really wide, i also would like a faster spoolup, i think at relatively low power level i have 3.90's would work good, i dont know thats just me, the guy with more than one t3 hiding in the garage.

Guest Anonymous

I`m hitting both stages out of the hole for a 1.60 sixty foot and launching at 5500 rpm it feels great and people say it looks like the car just jumps out of the hole.i plan on upgrading the CT26 this winter and mabey doing a liquid to air intercooler with dry ice as my exchange medium.

Originally posted by 240Z Turbo:

I think TimZ and I had the discussion about dry ice and its inability to absorb heat from the system as oppossed to just regular ice.

Yes, we did. Ever made a spooky halloween brew by putting dry ice in your punchbowl? Did you notice that the punch didn't freeze before the dry ice evaporated? The same will happen in your intercooler. Just having a chunk of something really cold in the tank doesn't mean that it will be able pull any heat from the heat exchanger. You need a liquid medium in there in order to make full contact with the heat exchanger surfaces in order for it to work.

The problem is that the dry ice is frozen CO2 gas. When it 'thaws', it doesn't spend much time (if any) in the liquid state, where it could absorb some of the heat from the water around it - it just goes straight to a gaseous state, and bubbles out. Hence, the water doesn't get very cold at all.

Another thing, in case you don't believe me and want to try this anyway - DO NOT seal the system with dry ice in it! As I mentioned before, dry ice is frozen CO2 - when it thaws, the gas that results from a pound of dry ice will occupy probably several thousand times the space that it did when frozen. If your system is sealed, this will result in a SHITLOAD of pressure (probably several hundred psi), and at best will blow a hose - at worst it could ruin your expensive intercooler.

IMHO, you would be much better off running a simple glycol antifreeze/water mix with water ice frozen as cold as you can get it. Since the glycol won't freeze, the entire mix will take on the temperature of the ice (max 32F), until the ice is entirely melted.

One more thing - if you try to make the mix in the intercooler too cold, you could run into problems with moisture in the intake air charge freezing inside the intercooler, and clogging it, or at the very least dramatically reducing it's efficiency - ice is a very effective insulator.

Guest Anonymous

cool, now all i need is an insulated live well a bilge pump some tubing and my friend with the TIG.oh the core too. ty for the info it will keep me from scratching my head later.

Guest Anonymous

they say an Irishman can tell 47 different shades of green from one another... i say a Californian can say "cool" and mean 47 different things with it.