HybridZ

280 ZXT oil cooler

Len

Guys

I bought an old Datsun oil cooler for my 83 280zxt. I have everything except the mounting plate and two bolts that screw into said plate that installs on the oil filter mount. cry2.gif

Any ideas on where I can obtain the mounting plate? I saw in Summit, oil coolers with mounting plates, except the plate is for a Ph8A filter!

Any ideas on how to mount it without it?

So a Mustang 5.0 oil adapter plate is compatable with the Z? That's great!

I guess I would still have to cut off the ends where they would normally mount onto the old Z oil filter adapter? The two hose ends have like a bulb with a hole thru them where I figure a threaded bolt with a hole thru it; threads into the adapter.

You know guys looking in Summit's catalog I see this "Derale" brand oil cooler DER-15502 (GM 4 cyl/V6,Ford and Chrysler for $69.39 for everything. Would this work?

As compared to buying the TD preformance Oil sandwich adapter for (TRD-1313 Chrysler and Ford V8, 1" thick) for $29.99. Then having to buy the connectors etc. to make the old z hoses fit. Or as you mentioned the relocation kit SUM-G4985 for $34.95.

This way I'd have the whole setup I'll have to call to see if it will fit ford v8 cause all it says is "v6,ford.