HybridZ

Opinion wanted on gnose flair wheels

dsommer

Am I getting it right?  Please share your opinion if the 2 cars are going to look similar. 

My inspiration:

1863_page9887.jpg

My project, very dusty and incomplete (My wheels look hideous!) . 

Granted the wheels are not the same but I do have the gnose head light covers and fender mirrors. 

My grey is a bit darker than it appears, I also have clear turn signal lenses for the front and of course...A SBC 383

carc_zps136ad9b3.jpg

carx_zps52531640.jpgIMG_3421_zps71d947f0.jpg

So what says the Hybridz nation? Yes, No opinions?

Thanks,

David

Edited by dsommer

I think it will look similar, but I think real Wats would really pull everything together. Of course, you'd lose your tire selection - I'm assuming those are 17s. If I'm honest though, I'm not a fan of the Rotas. They look too modern for a Z, I think. But with the mirrors and headlight covers on the car, you'll be close to your mark.

Not sure if it bothers you, but I think the front end needs to come down a bit, or you need a bigger tire. There's a lot of wheel gap there compared to the rear, which I think fits the wheel opening well.

Not sure if it bothers you, but I think the front end needs to come down a bit, or you need a bigger tire. There's a lot of wheel gap there compared to the rear, which I think fits the wheel opening well.

The wheel gap bothers the hell out of me and that's at the lowest adjustment on the coil over (tire is a 245/40/17), guess I'll have to do a "do over" on the perches (sucks!) and repaint every thing sucks even harder.  Thought about cutting a little off the spring but a coil over spring is different from what I can see, plus that wouldn't really be "right" now would it.

I wonder if you could order a shorter spring? I know there's different lengths available. Redoing the perches, as much as it would suck, would probably be the easiest thing to do though. If you could get that tire in a 45 (maybe 50?), that would help too, since it looks like your rear tires have more meat on 'em.

Shorter spring? That's why Hybridz has ALWAYS been my "go to" source. I've dreamed about getting this close for a long time. Been a member here since Y2K, and earlier when it was v8zcars.com (think that's what it was).

Thanks for the input, sound like an easier option IMO as I'd rather not cut, weld and repaint two struts.