HybridZ

Nissan Consult and Windows 8

wrcbonk

Guys,

Wanted to ask real quick if anyone has tried installing and running nissan consult from Windows 8.  I have run it on Vista and Windows 7 with no problem.  I did Google the topic, but haven't found any discussion.  None of my friends have bought a new machine with Windows 8 yet.

Thanks

Bill

ps - I know the real answer to my question is to buy a modern programmable ecu. 

Windows 8 is absolute garbage. If you get a new machine wipe it immediately. I'm assuming your running Conzult (The Windows App) from an older lappy. I doubt 8 will run Conzult natively plus Windows XP mode emulation was removed from windows 8. Maybe try Vmware.

I'm running windows 8 and it works fine.  I've removed real programmable ecu's and gone back to the stock nistuned ecu with much better driveability.  Several of these were diy built "standalone" ecu's.  The ecu's had rpm or sensor issues that couldn't be resolved in a timely manner so we went with something that worked.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...