HybridZ

Wiring Master - All done Rb25 - 260z wiring.

mtnickel

In case anyone needs any clarifications on RB wiring, feel free to give me a shout (pm, or post here). I took it upon myself to fully understand every circuit on the RB as well as on the Datsun. Took a while, but I would say i know the ins and outs of all the circuits.

I managed to do a pretty tidy wiring job grabbing many of the required wires out of the back of the main plug box in the passenger foot well.

Some fun things I did

1) reused the IGN Interlock (2) for my AAC, VVT, inj circuit. (yay no extra fuse needed.

1b) Also reused coil power wire as main 30A feed for RB coils (can be found at main harness plugs, not necessary to get it at ign switch).

2) reused the IGN INterlock (1) for my battery (constant wire). again, no extra fuse needed

3) reused fuel pump relay. This requires changing the polarity (stock was 12v switched, ecu is ground switched. (also have to delete second relay or bypass it).

4) used choke light for CEL. requires extra wire to be ran as ECU gives switched ground. You can however find ACC or IGN power in the center console harness.

5) reused the white alternator wire to carry my charge indicator light up to retro-fitted 280z voltage gauge

6) Used a battery terminal with 3 integrated fuses and deleted the fusible links.

7) Socketed z32 ecu and converted for nistune.

7B) used z32 coolant fan output to drive taurus fan

8) Relayed headlights (high and low), also added fog light relay, and tied this all into a oem looking relay box from a toyota. (a nice 3 relay box with 4 fuses as well. 1 fuse feeds coolant fan).

9) wiring in injector resistor for GTR top feed injectors on ebay greddy manifold. (as a note, i found that the way the ebay manifold is machined is not really ideal for the stock sidefeed injectors. they don't go in far enough and the spray pattern will very likely hit the machined ring and drip. not good.

10) Wired up consult plug.

So that's been my last month and a half folks, but I'm happy to say ALL my wiring is done, not all that remains is to get the engine back in and fire it up to check for any issues before  i re-wrap everything.

I'm working on a pdf that i've been compiling over the last few months and will get it up here shortly. It is a collection of snippets from all over that encompass all the wiring needed. I especially found the RB guide into S13 useful as the writer detailed the suttle differences between the Series 1 and Series 2 harnesses.

Bye for now!

Attached is my document for some RB stuff in the 260z. It's really poorly organized, but a lot of good information is there. I am posting it now in the event that if I get off my wiring high I may not have any desire to spend more time on refining it and may not post it at all. It is long, but you can use the table of contents to jump from place to place.

Again, much credit goes out the Chris who really got all this going, most of his stuff is included (hopefully that is ok), but I tried to put in some notes and tidbits that help. Then further on are more detailed differences between series 1 and 2 power feeds as well as how to use some of the datsuns stock circuits and relays.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bwjujmf4ixtzmhb/Final%20RB%20Guide%20Draft%204.docx

As it's still a work in progress, I hadn't saved to PDF yet. I'm out of town now till the weekend so perhaps Sunday or Monday I'll get it up.

The word is nice as you can hold control and click the table of contents to go to that section, but it is really slow handling images. Mhh.

I hope to have some time to refine it as well. It's so much information it's hard to know how to go about it.