HybridZ

Wolf creek CV conversion vibration

Ylo73z

8s are fine for even 10.5" slicks. Burnout wear pattern shows full use of tread width. If i check the tread right after a run, the tires do sling taller and they dont wear on the inner and outer inch of the tire at the fast end of the track. But they are supposed to work that way. I've only been dragging for about 3 years. I want to avoid talking about things you already know...been racing long? How much air were you running? Any idea how much hp/tq you are laying down? You obviously have more power that I do.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Once I got used to driving on squishy rubber bags of air, I found best traction at 11psi. At 10psi, it just wandered too much for my courage. I have started a night at 15 psi and after a couple of runs and burnouts, the pressure was up to 23. I let air out all night and in the morning my car is almost on the rims if I don't refill when I get home. I'm not brave enough to fire up the compressor on my wife at 1am! Wish we were next door neighbors, what a ball we would have! Where do I lurk to find some photos of your car?

I posted some pictures on the gen 1 chevy v8 section where it says show your ride or something ...you know , I didn't think to check the tire pressure all night ... I'll have to do that next time ...but I'm not one to come back with the same combo ...so I might wait until I get the trans brake and looser converter before I go again... Yeah it would be cool to have a fellow zcar lover as a next door neighbor

I don't know who is carrying the really wide ones that i have.  I got mine from ZForceProductions, but I heard that he had gone under (can't confirm), but he was kind of a hit-or-miss kind of vendor, sometimes delivering quickly and other times losing orders or some such nonsense.  The best fitting flares definitely come from Japan from a guy called Marugen Shakoi, or something like that.  I've seen thes and his flares are the only ones that are contoured to fit the Z car specifically, while all the others are "universal" which means that they don't fit very well.  There is a new vendor on the forum called JPN Garage.  he sent me some flares that were pretty poor quality, but I think he is doing some carbon flares now that looked good in photos.  Then there is Motorsport Auto (there sales guy told me not to buy from them when I called-he said their flares were poor quality.  Then there is ebay.  All of the flares are super thin and fragile.  I'm really careful not to lean against them-they would crack for sure.  You might put a wanted add in the classifieds of hybridz.

I've been working on some custom steel wheels and I just noticed that my 28X10.5 slicks had rubbed the inner fender some.  Hopefully I will be fine with the 28X9s.  I may have to come down to 27" slicks....

Edited by RebekahsZ

I need to do something to gaine more room for tires ...I'm even thinking about coil overs form techno toy , I know those would give me more clearance to go inward but I'm not sure how much and I don't want to mess up the way the suspension behaves now

If you ever get a setup from TTT, try to get specs from SunnyZ that also let him move the tire back an inch. The rubbing I have is near the door. Coming back an inch would really help. I cut the outer fender not only up but forward too, but nothing i could do with the inner fender, so thats where it rubbed. I think a 1/2" spacer would cure it. If you flare, I don't think you need to come in too. I think flares would do enough.

I need every inch I can get ...moving the tire back a inch should allow me to run a 28" tire right ?

Who is this sunny ? I would like to know what set up he got because It sounds like I will be moving that direction pretty soon

SunnyZ is a GenIII LSx V8 superstar. I think he had to have the TTT rear setup modified at TTT to his specs before having it sent to him. Send him a PM asking for info. He is all over the Gen III V8 forum. He just did a turbo 5.3 setup after going mid-9s in the 1/4 with his 5.7NOS setup. He got tired of buying nitrous. He won't be posting any timeslips till he cages his car.