HybridZ

Opinions On Stall Size

My cousin is planning a 4.8 swap in a 240z, his build plans are as follows. 

4.8 Stock Bottom End

TSP 2.5 Stage 243 Heads

Edelbrock Performer Intake Manifold

MSD 6010 Box

Holley 750

Comp 54-446-11 232/234 .595/.598 112 LSA

Plan is to run it with automatic 4L80E trans, just is unsure what size stall will work well for a weekend play/street car. He still wants good drive-ability with it. 

What do you guys suggest from experience?

I'd be as concerned with the brand / model of the stall.  Precision Industries, Yank, and Circle D are all big names with great results.  Note that some stalls will flash higher than advertised, and some lower.

My PI Vigilante was set up for 4K, and would flash to 4400 in a 3400# car. I'd go with a 3500 or 4000 without blinking though. The drive-ability will be good with any of the above mentioned.

Neal chance racing makes top notch converters. I have worked in there place fixing there band saw they are super nice and you can order direct from them. Not to mention they build some nice cars and they only work half days Fridays so they can get all there cars ready for the races. 

http://www.racingconverters.com/ncrc/

post-19246-0-12028600-1403020770_thumb.jpg not a great pic of one of their camaros .

Edited by hwvigo