HybridZ

R200 Won't Bolt into 74 260 (11/73)

Happy 4th of July,

I have been struggling for two days trying to swap out my R180 with an R200.  I have read every post, website, smoke signal on the subject but I am truly struggling here.  

I stared with a factory rear end in the back of my 1974 260Z.  It is not a 240Z cross link (Traverse Link) it is the larger one that is used on the 260's and newer.  

I have the TTT Mustache Bar and a stock R200 Mustache bar.  When I install either of the R200's I have (3.54 or 3.90) the differential sits so far forward.  The bolts are 1.5"-2" off from lining up with the traverse link or I even tried it with my RT Style mount.  For the life of me I have flipped turned and spun everything every possible way and this will not go in properly.  I have tried with all of the stock gear and the aftermarket stuff to no avail. 

Any suggestions?

Thank you. 

Show some pictures.  A variety of parts flipped, turned and spun, and off by 1.5 - 2" is hard to visualize.

And you didn't say if you have an early 260Z or later.  Small bumper or big.  Also, I've noticed that Nissan used "transverse link" to describe several things.  If you mean the curved link between the uprights, that shouldn't affect where the nose of the diff ends up.

It looks like there are two TTT bars, one R180 and an R200.  Maybe you have the wrong bar.  https://technotoytuning.com/nissan/280z/mustache-bar-datsun-240z-260z-280z