HybridZ

Havent Started My Z in 6 Months

mxs666

I realize this is weak, but due to the deamnds of work this year, i have had no time to play with my car in a months (also, i dont park where i live so i tend to forget about the car from time to time). cry2.gif

Anyway, I am a little scared to fire it up now, knowing the motor is probably dry, i dont want to score the cylanders or do other damage.

Any suggestions on what i should do before firing up my car to prevent damage to the motor? :confused:

Thanks for any ideas, and i promise i wont let this happen again.

Peace - Michael

If it matters I have a 240 running 3x weber 40s

should I throw some oil over the top of the engine, or maybe pull the plugs and spray some into the cylanders manually?

I think for x-mas i am going to go over to my garage and start up the car (my present to myself)

thanks for the advise and any other suggestions would be apreciated.

peace y'all

Take the spark plugs out, spray small amount of some LITE penitating oil into the cly`s!

Follow the previous recommendations, this will let the engine spin quicker and with no cly pressure biuldup!

Oil pressure should biuld up quickly!

It would not hurt to pour a little oil over cam and valve train!

Ck that the oil level is at full on dip stick!

• 4 weeks later...

Well. Just to follow up. I finally got to see if my car was still parked where I left it 6 months ago, and sure enought there it was. Cover and all.

Anyway, I put the battery cable back to my optoma, pulled the distributor wire and let it crank a little while. Put back the wire, pumped the gas a few times, let off the pedal and it started immediately. I love the sound of those webers combined w/ dual exhausts. Sweet. . .

Thanks and I hope its not another 6 months before I have the time to visit it again. :D

Make sure you change the oil, if you dont run it 3k miles before 4-6 months are up your supposed to change it (condensation can create water in the oil, mucho bad).

If you dont get to run the tank dry, and refill it (fill it up all the way so the tank doesn't rust out), you may want to put some ____ in your gas to stretch out its life span, I can't remember the name offhand :( Basically it helps keep the gas from turning into varnish, just a couple bucks, any auto store will know what your talking about if its not a 16 year old geek behind the desk :D

The gas treatment is a good idea. I actually dumped some fuel into it before I started the car ans bounced it around a bit, hoping that that would at least dilute the gas.

The oil looksd really clean, but I will probably change it before I drive the car again. Luckily the car is down in san diego, parked indoors so I definitely have the best climate possible.

I love that car. Nothing sounds like those triples going into a dual exhaust on the L28.

I cant tell how many mustang guys have pulled up next to me asking if I did a v8 swap. Sorry.

Belive it or not its an inline 6 tongue.gif