HybridZ

280z blinker problems ):

I know yall have most likely been over this and I'm just going to clear the air and let ya'll know I searched but my forum searching skills are pathetic. 

Here's the issue. I have a 76 280z my hazards blink fine on all four corners but my turn signals won't work. I even paid a 100 bucks for a new turn signal switch mechanism for the steering wheel and it didn't fix my problem. Again the hazards work fine tho. 

Please let me know what yall think (: 

Need more info, "won't work" is not very descriptive, only fronts or rears, which side etc. Does the brake actuate the rear signals? By new, do you mean new to you or new in box?

You are correct this has been brought up several times. To the point I suspect it is most likely your front signals.

First to make it clear, the hazards are on a separate circuit, so the fact they function does not really bode anything for the turn signals per say. I know it seems strange, but working hazards just show that your bulbs and your power supply are adequate. Still a good choice to use new bulbs and replace any questionable fuses to put that out of the equation.

Make sure you have a multimeter or at least a test light for the next part. 

Depending on your answer to the questions above faults fall into a few categories.

Most likely the bulb holder is not transmitting power, the design is not the best. Test by unplugging turn signal and checking voltage.

Either remove the plastic and re-solder the wire onto the holder, or acquire a replacement bulb holder. The design is similar to an easily available part from an american make, you will have to search to find it as I cannot recall exactly the part number.

If you are not getting power to the bulb work your way back, at this point it will most likely be the switching mechanism. 

The contact on the switch mechanism is worn or burned, need to clean contacts by taking it apart and investigate the switching mechanism for any obvious mechanical fault. I have found sometimes the rocker tab on the inside needs to be re-bent and the contacts cleaned.

If that is not the case work your way to the power wire for the switching mechanism. 

If that is not getting power, work your way to the fuse box.

If that is not getting power work your way to where it connects to the battery.

There you go, pretty much the methodology for finding any fault.

Unfortunately I am going to be an ass and I am going to have to berate you a bit, I'll be gentle compared to some others though. Sometimes the search functions are difficult to use, on here it's not bad. If you have problems with internal search bar just search on google and use hybridz in the search bar along with your terms.

In fact the moment I read the phrase "I searched but..." the next thing I do before proceeding is to put the problem into google. Part of the solution that I suggest actually is gone through in detail with pictures on the first non sponsored post.

http://fiddlingwithzcars.wordpress.com/2012/12/04/turn-signal-repair/

The reason we ask users to search is not because we want to see anyone suffer, the reason is that at least on our forum people spend quite a bit of time discussing things and solving things and putting it in easily legible format, it would be a shame to not take advantage of it.

You have the entire internet at your disposal, use it /berating

Need more info, "won't work" is not very descriptive, only fronts or rears, which side etc. Does the brake actuate the rear signals? By new, do you mean new to you or new in box?

You are correct this has been brought up several times. To the point I suspect it is most likely your front signals.

First to make it clear, the hazards are on a separate circuit, so the fact they function does not really bode anything for the turn signals per say. I know it seems strange, but working hazards just show that your bulbs and your power supply are adequate. Still a good choice to use new bulbs and replace any questionable fuses to put that out of the equation.

Make sure you have a multimeter or at least a test light for the next part. 

Depending on your answer to the questions above faults fall into a few categories.

Most likely the bulb holder is not transmitting power, the design is not the best. Test by unplugging turn signal and checking voltage.

Either remove the plastic and re-solder the wire onto the holder, or acquire a replacement bulb holder. The design is similar to an easily available part from an american make, you will have to search to find it as I cannot recall exactly the part number.

If you are not getting power to the bulb work your way back, at this point it will most likely be the switching mechanism. 

The contact on the switch mechanism is worn or burned, need to clean contacts by taking it apart and investigate the switching mechanism for any obvious mechanical fault. I have found sometimes the rocker tab on the inside needs to be re-bent and the contacts cleaned.

If that is not the case work your way to the power wire for the switching mechanism. 

If that is not getting power, work your way to the fuse box.

If that is not getting power work your way to where it connects to the battery.

There you go, pretty much the methodology for finding any fault.

Unfortunately I am going to be an ass and I am going to have to berate you a bit, I'll be gentle compared to some others though. Sometimes the search functions are difficult to use, on here it's not bad. If you have problems with internal search bar just search on google and use hybridz in the search bar along with your terms.

In fact the moment I read the phrase "I searched but..." the next thing I do before proceeding is to put the problem into google. Part of the solution that I suggest actually is gone through in detail with pictures on the first non sponsored post.

http://fiddlingwithzcars.wordpress.com/2012/12/04/turn-signal-repair/

The reason we ask users to search is not because we want to see anyone suffer, the reason is that at least on our forum people spend quite a bit of time discussing things and solving things and putting it in easily legible format, it would be a shame to not take advantage of it.

You have the entire internet at your disposal, use it /berating

Deleting post thanks for the help kind sir. Grabbing a test light today after work..