HybridZ

fuel pump relay elimination?

75 280z stock l28

pretty much all my wiring is junk due to hot summer heat and sitting for 10yrs. got tired of chasing wiring and just wired my fuel pump to a separate switch, and its apparent that all my wiring is going to end this way.

Also my cold start system has been removed due to problems and the warm temperatures, no a/c, or heat, radio....pretty much taking a minimal approach to the car/race car lol.

Anyway my question is, with the fuel pump out of the way does anyone know if the fuel pump relay be deleted and a smaller newer relay replace it to control the the rest of the EFI system?

Saw nobody giving input so my .02

Mine currently is basically hotwired too. I have a relay powered from a ignition on source. Ive been meaning to change it since the point of the stock setup is to kill the pump if the engine dies. Stock looks like its on when the engine cranks and has a holding circuit powered by the alt. Id just find a wire thats only hot with the engine running.

I should get on it too, been driving as a self fulling fire for about seven years now...but it works!

There's a switch in the AFM for 75 and 76 that can be used to switch a relay.  Just like the factory did it.  They drew pictures of what they did and wrote up how it worked in a book that they used to give to the mechanics.

The alternator wan't used to switch a relay until 1978.