HybridZ

King Z

skerry

Well to pull the thread back to its original intent, I just received a phone call that the man above known as King Z passed away from a heart attack this past weekend. He may have been a little rough around the edges but he will be missed.

King Z ain't so bad, at least he is not in business putting himself out there as The Z Guru. Knew a bloke like that, took a while for those sucked in to realise he was not, either that or else they didn't want to agree that they'd been sucked in.

Well, I'd say he probably earned it at least on a local level. Almost anybody in Baton Rouge that knows anything about Z's brings him up when I say I have one. I did get a little insight in that phone call yesterday. Apparently, he was doing pretty well converting cars through out the south during the 80s. But one of the guys who bought one was going a little too fast and lost control. He crossed the median and hit someone head on. After that, he closed his shop and opened an inspection business out in front of it. He bought the wrecked car to help out the family, stored it away in the shop and apparently it's still there. He told me he has stacks of stuff in that shop that he was going to show me and I was told his widow will likely want to get rid of it. I'm going to wait a while but I will ask her if she needs any help sorting through it.