HybridZ

Bolt in CV's?

Blob1620

Ok, so, I just got my first Z. Been shopping around for a while, got a nice one, good deal. but its a project car and needs a lot of missing parts before its road worthy.

One (or two if you want to be like that) thing(s) it needs are axles. I've located factory ones, but was looking around at CV upgrades since i have nothing to begin with and would be spending the money anyway. I've seen all the conversion kits online, and drawings for if i wanted to have some made myself, but then accidently stumbled apon several online listings for CV axles fitting 280z's from 75-78 specifically. 

Below is a link.... is this just a misprint from a useless parts warehouse or are these legit?

http://www.stockwiseauto.com/product_info.php/products_id/136193/fit_id/3679/Year/1978/Make/Nissan/Model/280Z?gclid=Cj0KEQiA2o6lBRCn_b7yppe98rQBEiQAMpnYnXGbyQphI6-EdUX2tj8pohP8gypWrEXPdknRYcpPUdwaAg2j8P8HAQ

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GSP-North-America-NCV53901-Axle-Shaft-Assembly-CV-Shaft-/121505367782?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3A280Z&hash=item1c4a48c6e6&vxp=mtr

Happy New Year folks!

Just for fun I called up GSP and talked to a tech support guy.  Apparently, they merged their Z and ZX lines and somebody assumed that the half-shafts were the same.  Now they have to go out and try to undo all of the bad information.  

On the positive side, they're trying to be a supplier of complete axles for the Z's so maybe they'll cobble up some sort of CV setup with flanges that fit the Z's.

That is unfortunate, but just for grins, i went to Advance Auto Parts and asked them to look up if they stocked such a unicorn. They had a part number and 8 in stock.... So I had them get two on order just out of curiosity. 

I'm sure I'll be let down, but its worth seeing.

That is unfortunate, but just for grins, i went to Advance Auto Parts and asked them to look up if they stocked such a unicorn. They had a part number and 8 in stock.... So I had them get two on order just out of curiosity. 

I'm sure I'll be let down, but its worth seeing.

They are indeed COMPLETELY wrong. I did the exact same thing just to see what would come up...

I've noticed the same thing at Advanced/Pepboys/Autozone as far as oil filters for certain cars & motorcycles are concerned. The threads & seat will be the same, but the filter itself will be too large/tall and will interfere with things. Apparently "they" have solved this issue now with the oil filters.

• 3 weeks later...