HybridZ

We Now Have A Price On The CV Adaptor

Scottie-GNZ

Zbarn just shipped two early 280Z stub axles to me for $40 each, including the flanges. They have them in stock, but told me that they normally sell these for $50 each. I'm a repeate customer, so they cut me a price break...

Scottie,

I understand, I was just giving you grief. Seriously, if we fall short by one set, I'll pick up the extra set. Let me know. Can I pay you via PayPAL? If so, I'll transfer funds for one pair ASAP.

Mike

------------------

http://hometown.aol.com/dat74z/myhomepage/auto.html

"I will not be a spectator in the sport of life!"

mjk

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

I will send the funds via Paypal as well. I will also buy two sets if we need it. So now we have three guys who are willing to buy two. That makes six and we had another 4. Ten is a reality! I am looking to get my CV shafts in! smile.gif

It has been so long since I have done much work on my Z car. I have been so busy with other stuff and with Ideal-Z. The weather is getting warm here and I am getting the bug again!

Craig

Tim, I apologize. I saw your email after I posted. In my normal work day, I am online at all times. This week I am at a company conference with no connectivity and evening activities that give me a few minutes online. By 2pm, I am having the shakes from not being online biggrin.gif.

Anyways, it looks like a go. I will call the machinist tonight and let him know. I will tell him to do 10 pairs. I might be able to up that number if there are others by the weekend, but this weekend is the end of the GP through me.

I will send an email to all who have committed on this post with details on my postal address, tel # and Paypal account. I would prefer to not put that information on the net. I have not checked but if there are any buyers north of the border, we need to get an accurate shipping cost for you.

------------------

Scottie

71 240GN-Z

Scottie's GNZ

Scottie,

I found the other thread right after I asked the question about the photo - thanks.

Rob and I went a slightly different route that you did on using an adaptor. We chose to part (slice in half) both the 280ZX turbo companion flange and the 260Z (in my case) stub axle flange. We then had a groove turned into one half and a mate turned into the other half similar to a nut and a screw relationship. A machined fit and true - no wobble or runout. Then both pieces were tig welded inside and out. We now have a one-piece stub axle flange but with the 280ZX turbo flange on the one end. Rob has pounded his V8Z for three years with no problems of breakage in the rear end area. The welding part is key and it has to be done by an expert in that field. This is just an alternative method to yours. One nice thing about the route Rob and I chose is (like yours) the axles are very easy to remove if need be and we went cast iron to cast iron on the welding. Just throwing that out there for people to discuss.

Danno74Z

Folks,

sorry I have been a little scarce lately, but I just do not have online access and can only access my email from home. I understand there is a little problem with my paypal and I will correct that this afternoon when I get out of this conference. Not sure what the problem could be.

Sorry if I confused anyone about the total. It is $120, including shipping. I will send out another email this evening.

There is still time to get added to the list or get more than one. MikeK, I know you expressed an interest in doing that. Just let me know, but after Saturday, the GP is closed.

------------------

Scottie

71 240GN-Z

Scottie's GNZ

[This message has been edited by Scottie-GNZ (edited February 09, 2001).]

OK, the "problem" with paypal is corrected. They instituted a new policy that limits how much payments you can receive into your account via credit card. That limit is now $100/mo and in order to exceed that limit, you have sign up for an upgraded account. The catch is they now charge a fee for every credit card transaction, 1.9% + $.30. That is not a lot of money if you are a business, because you can just build that into your price. I am not a business.

I'd like in on the adapters. Sorry I'm late but I haven't been on the board lately. Should I just send the payment in via PayPal as described earlier in this thread?

Wow - impressive group here.

Usually, you get half of the people dropping out at the last minute. Here we have people showing up with cash in hand at the last minute.

Does anybody realize how unusual that is?

[This message has been edited by TimZ (edited February 10, 2001).]