HybridZ

WTB blower motor resistor for 1977 280z

tolerate

Motor speed control by increasing resistance hence lowering voltage to slow the motor. The fan switch just controls which of the two resistors are put in series with the motor. One, both or neither.  These resistor boards sits in the fan air stream mounted into the top of the fan housing to remove the heat generated by this archaic speed control technique.  If you get stuck I have a couple.  spalusa.com also lists some 3 and 4 speed resistor packs that go with their fans. 

BTW, spalUSA also supplies complete new squirrel cage fan units .https://webstore.spalusa.com/en-us/productlist/0141/products/centrifugal-blowers/blowers+single+wheel.aspx

I'm sure one of them would be a pretty good replacment instead of doing the honda motor swap. Take some work to adapt one, but still. Just another option.  VintageAir uses spal fan motors on their custom A/C units.

Motor speed control by increasing resistance hence lowering voltage to slow the motor. The fan switch just controls which of the two resistors are put in series with the motor. One, both or neither.  These resistor boards sits in the fan air stream mounted into the top of the fan housing to remove the heat generated by this archaic speed control technique.  If you get stuck I have a couple.  spalusa.com also lists some 3 and 4 speed resistor packs that go with their fans. 

BTW, spalUSA also supplies complete new squirrel cage fan units .https://webstore.spalusa.com/en-us/productlist/0141/products/centrifugal-blowers/blowers+single+wheel.aspx

I'm sure one of them would be a pretty good replacment instead of doing the honda motor swap. Take some work to adapt one, but still. Just another option.  VintageAir uses spal fan motors on their custom A/C units.

Hi,

would you be willing to sell me one resistor set? its got 3 individual resistors right?