HybridZ

Exceptional Engine Compartment

RacerX

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest JAMIE T

Probably TWM throttle bodies that replace Webers and Mikunis. TWM has Throttle bodies that are bolt on replacements for Webers, they can bolt to existing Cannon manifolds. That is Street Rod Quality detailing.

I am pretty sure the TBs are made in JAPAN, by SK Sanyo or OER carburetor. Both conpanies are very close relation each other. IMO, TWM TBs are superior quality products than them.

They have two injector bosses on each runner but the bosses are pluged then the injectors are relocated where the gas can be injected directry toward the intake valve. The intake manifold was modified to accept the incector bosses. Also the intake angle is modified, not for the carburetor use any more, as you can see.

I've heard the fuel rail is from Toyota 7M or JZ, heavily modified though.

Regards,

KAZU

The OER carburator stuff looks alright (wish I could read Japanese) but I don't see those TBs. I couldn't find anything on SK Sanyo though.

Thanks KAZU for the evaluation of the fuel system on that beautiful car. It's more information than I was able to come up with.

Even if the TMWs are superior, that guys setup looks really cool!

Guest JAMIE T

My Bad nono.gif But what do you expect from a guy who can rebuild a Holley double pumper with his eyes closed. I did see the TWM stuff at Carlisle Import and KitCar nationals. It was very nice quality. BTW, does anyone know what I need to do to read websites written in another language? Whenever I go to a Japanese site, a dialog box pops up and asks me to download a program, but it requires a disc. I like to here about all this high tech stuff from you guys. I've learned more about Japanese Domestic Market performance from you guys(and Turbo Magazine), than any other place, thanks hail.gif