HybridZ

240z+Borg Warner T5+R180

Klmykvl

I know the simple solution would be to have a drive shaft made to fit my application, but I'm wondering if there is another way to get my driveshaft to fit my setup. I have a 240Z with a T5 Tranny and R180 Diff. I have both the driveline from the 240Z and the 280zx donor car.

My question is: Instead of having a custom driveshaft made to shorten the length and fit both the R180 and T5, would it be possible to buy a shorter T5 Slip Yoke and install it on the driveshaft from the 240? I found the following slip yoke online and I think this will work http://www.dennysdriveshaft.com/p252_borg_warner_t_5_t_56_and_t_10_transmission_slip_yoke_1350_se.html

Just wondering if any of you have had experience with this.

Thanks for any input.

The original driveshaft has non-replaceable u-joints, you aren't going to be able to buy this and just slap it onto the driveshaft.  I would talk to a driveshaft shop and see what they have to say.

I want to say the yoke for the nissan T5 is it's own thing and I believe the one you have pictured will not work. 

If you are cheap you can shorten it yourself if you can/have the abilities do your best to keep it straight, and eyeball the counter weight, be prepared for some serious vibrations.

If you don't you can take it to a smaller shop and have them shorten it for you with no guarantees for 50$.

Or you can take it to a driveline shop have them shorten and balance it for you for 100-150$.

Or you can have a new one made with replaceable joints etc for ~300$.