HybridZ

Differential ratio confirm ?

Boingo

You guys are pretty on top of correct info, so here it is set to the experienced.   I have two r200's out of a 76 and 85 both being 3.54 and found out its not going happen finding 3.9 r & p gear anywhere. At least I have the turbo cv shafts now . So now im on the prowl for a 3.9.  My 260z late model is going be cruise, fun, proud car to own, not track or drag. It's going have the ls1 t56 or auto tranny. I see that one guy has a pretty cool bolt on set up for a ford 8.8 irs but going keep an eye out for a r200 for now. May even just grab a 80-83 MT NA  r200 pumpkin being they are all 3.9, just not an lsd. ....So here is my question. I have read sites saying the r200 ratios for the 87-89 300zx NA being 3.9 and the turbos being 3.7 lsd...as the link from this site send you. Another site says they are all 3.7. The 4.11 would be fun but might be too much for what im going do with it. I realize i can just pop every cover off every one i see in the yard and check numbers on gears, but rather not until i think i have the right one..lol  Save me from the insanity.

..So here is my question. I have read sites saying the r200 ratios for the 87-89 300zx NA being 3.9 and the turbos being 3.7 lsd...as the link from this site send you. Another site says they are all 3.7. Are the NA 3.9 and the turbos 3.7 lsd or are they all 3.7's ?

Ok, huge thanks. I'll read up.

That's cleared that up, the IZCC page was wrong.

The 87 & 88 are are 3.70 NA and 3.54 turbo,

Where the 89 is a 3.90 NA and 3.70 turbo

Edited by Boingo