HybridZ

I'm such a guy..... read your instructions boys....

Was reading through the intructions tonight and in my Mallory pump instructions it clearly states "Must be used with a return style regulator" which my new BG unit is not... then I read my mallory regulator instructions and it mentions that you must modify the pump by removing a spring from the bypass to make the pump work with the regulator... desiding to check the pump for this spring.. and it is installed...OK you think Mike is an idiot, right? Well the pump and regulator come as a kit, which makes me wonder why they don't modify the pump at the factory, and if I can run the current pump with the spring in it and use it with the BG non-return style regulator... and if there was anything wrong with the mallory regulator in the first place, and if the spring was removed would the mallory unit work properly......

Directions directions directions.... read them, know then, learn to do this... wish I had...

Mike

------------------

"I will not be a spectator in the sport of life!"

mjk

[This message has been edited by Mikelly (edited April 17, 2000).]

Come to think of it, I did that to mine, but luckily I read the instructions. (sometimes we get lucky) Along time ago. As I recall they wanted a return line as big or bigger than the supply lines to run correctly. (Maybe its just mine with the boost regulator). Glad you're getting the bugs worked out, Mike. Should be ready for some action soon???

John