HybridZ

obx diff axle clip problems?

redzedturbo

Hey guys i bought the obx diff and installed in my turbo zx a few months back. It is shimmed slightly to tight with the washer stack but as long as its dry outside its fantastic but i did notice when installing the axles i had a hell of a time getting them into the diff. last night while fixxin a tranny issues i noticed the axles are fully seated into the diff but if i grabbed one i can pull it out about 3in like the axle clips are not in or not clipping into the side gears of the diff!! The diff is not leaking oil or making noise it seems fine but in the back of my head i keep seeing it pulling out of the splines and stripping axle and diff alike. Most likely not going to happen but they should be clipped in!!!! Thoughts guys??? xnke is running the same setup and axles and his clipped in tight.

Edited by redzedturbo

• 2 weeks later...

Side Note-It's a pretty simple job to fit these clips into the OBX diff while it's mounted in the car-much easier than removing them from the Nissan diff!

I remembered installing the clips from the huge pain in the butt it was to do mine, which we did about the same time, just a year ago...

To fit them in, a 21mm socket was the perfect OD to force the clips to compress, and still just slip through the splines. A 6" extension and a small hammer popped them in with absolutely no drama whatsover.

After that, clipping the axles in was harder than putting the clips in!